Just a minor setback...

I was so happy when I did my goals for 2010.  It put everything in perspective and reminded me that I'm on the right path to get where I want to be.  Then, just like life, I got thrown a curveball. 

Monday, at the end of the day, my fulltime employer notified me that I was going to be laid off effective immediately.  It is only temporary until we sign a new driver, but it could be weeks or a couple months.  So, in the blink of an eye, my main source of income has been completely shut off.

Thankfully I still have LeFab.  I've been using that money to put directly into savings to get the money to leave for New York, but it has now become my only source of income.  It only pays half of what I make at my fulltime job, but my wonderful managers are giving me fulltime hours so at least I can pay my bills.  Unfortunately it's not enough to cover all of my expenses, but at least it's something.

So, back to the drawing board creating a new plan.  I have to figure out how to spend the least money possible until I get back to work.  I will find a way though, soup is cheap! haha 

I'm not going to let it beat me though, I'm going to stay positive and remember that it will all work out in the end.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    You seem to be handling that crappy news very well -better than I would. It sucks. I'm sorry. Hope things turn around for you soon!  

  2. Travel & Dive Girl said...

    Stay positive and "keep your eye on the prize" - you'll get there...  

  3. Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

    I'm so sorry to hear that you were laid off :-( Thank goodness for your 2nd job!  

  4. Teach.Workout.Love said...

    hey girl its gonna be okay... just keep applying for jobs... anything can happen between now and next year so i think u should just leave it on ur goal list for now!!! i just put up ur goals.
    xooxo  

  5. CAC muffin said...

    you're a swimmer muffin REMEMBER THAT!  

  6. 52 Faces said...

    Clicked right over from your resolutions on Jen's blog - I've met so many gals from that series!

    I'm a NYer who keeps leaving it for my way younger mistress California. But for those who aren't from there - definitely go!

    You'll be okay. I was unemployed for so long during the recession that I'm pretty much money-obsessed now. I dropped out of grad school partly b/c I hated it, but partly b/c I love actually being able to have some money in the bank again.

    Let me know when you're ready to move, I'll tell you everything I know.  


 

Norman Reedus Photography

Original Blogger Template | Modified by Blogger-Whore | Distributed by eBlog Templates