In 2010, I will...

Thanks to my dear friend Novelista Barista for reminding me to start setting my goals for the new year ahead.  Another year, another chance to make things happen...


1. Move to NYC – hoping August 1st will be the day! It all depends on how well I accomplish #7 on this list.

2. Find a job that will make me happy once I get there – I need to find something creative that will just let me be me and express all the thoughts and ideas floating around in my head.

3. Get healthy and fit before I move – with working so much I’ve started eating crap again. I need to get back to eating only unprocessed foods and somehow find the time for some real exercise.

4. Get better at playing the guitar – I’ve got a great teacher so I’m hoping it won’t take forever until I won’t be totally embarrassed playing in front of people.

5. Find the inspiration I lost somewhere along the way to write good material – lately I just haven’t had much that I’m really passionate or excited to write about. I need to find that spark again.

6. Continue on this journey to find myself and what truly makes me happy – the last year I’ve finally stopped trying to be the person everyone wants me to be and just be myself. It’s a long and kind of scary journey, but I plan to keep on the path!

7. Save money!!! – most of what I hope to accomplish this year is completely dependent on how well I accomplish this. I’m working 60 – 65 hours a week at two jobs to make this happen. I will not give up.

8. Get rid of things I don’t need (back to basics) – my goal is two suitcases and a guitar case by the time I’m ready to leave for New York. Good luck to me!

9. Start creating more art and photography – again, I need to find that spark I used to have for doing creative things I love.

10. Live life for today instead of holding my breath always waiting for tomorrow – I might be doing everything in preparation for my move, but I need to remember to enjoy the life I’m living right now.

2 comments:

  1. Teach.Workout.Love said...

    yay! glad u made ur list :) :)

    i like #1!!!!!!!! lemme no when this happens!!! we should totally go out to drinks!  

  2. Anonymous said...

    fabulous list. I hope you find the inspirition you desire!! I also read your post above and hope everything works out, so you can do these goals!  


 

Norman Reedus Photography

Original Blogger Template | Modified by Blogger-Whore | Distributed by eBlog Templates