Why aren't weekends longer

This weekend just flew by, I wish we could have a three day weekend every week.  I left Friday morning for a short trip to Chicago.  It was fun, but in my two days there, I only got to see my hotel room and the race track. 

I got back late Saturday night and was exhausted even though I can't really say I did much while I was there besides standing around and watching the cars on track.  And of course, catching up on all the race track gossip I'd missed the last few weeks.

Sunday I had grand plans for continuing to organize and pack, but unfortunately that did not happen.  Aside from someone coming to buy my washer and dryer I couldn't muster enough energy to even make a proper dinner.  Yaay for Easy Mac!

Here I am, back at work and still needing toothpicks to keep my eyelids up.  I'm trying to plan a dinner party tonight so everyone can say good bye to Pablo before he goes back to Chile.  I'm hoping there are a bunch of people because that will make the night easier to get through.  I take him to the airport tomorrow night, but I am refusing to deal with the fact he may never come back until he actually gets on the plane.

So much has happened in the last couple weeks that I don't think I can take another change in my world. 

2 comments:

  1. Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

    You poor dear :-( I hope that your life settles down somewhat in the next week or two! Oh, and guess what we're having for supper tonight? Macaroni and cheese, of course!  

  2. Anonymous said...

    So how come Pablo may never come back? He doesn't like the US or family is calling in Chile? Just being nosy/curious.

    Hope the goodbye isn't too upsetting for you!!  


 

Norman Reedus Photography

Original Blogger Template | Modified by Blogger-Whore | Distributed by eBlog Templates