I find people who are closeminded offensive

Here is my answer to the Plinky.com Monday question ~ "What offends you?". Check out this site if you haven't already. It has some really interesting and fun questions and ideas for blog posting.

People who are closeminded
I am offended by people who cannot see past their own experiences or views; especially those who feel the need to push those view off on others.

We all have our own life experiences and we all see things in a different way. Valuable lessons can be learned from simply taking the time to listen to what other have to say and opening our eyes to seeing things from another's perspective.

That is one of the reasons the blogsphere is so great. There are millions of people with such diverse backgrounds from countries all over the world. Give yourself the opportunity to learn from others.


8 comments:

  1. blognut said...

    Well said! I love hearing other people's viewpoints on things, and I listen and try to consider it all, but I do not want to be TOLD what to do... like, ever. :)  

  2. Anonymous said...

    I agree!!!

    Strange...my word verification is "prevent"  

  3. msprimadonna67 said...

    I always find it fascinating and enlightening to hear others' perspectives and experiences. It's amazing to me the people who are so steadfastly attached to their own views that they cannot allow for another's point of view. Some people have too much trouble divesting themselves from their personally held ideas, and therefore take differing views as personal attacks. It's tough to have meaningful conversations with those people.  

  4. Tonya said...

    i totally agree, it reminds me Ani Difranco lyrics to Everest...
    "take a few steps back And put on a wider lensAnd it changes your skin, Your sex, and what your wearingDistance shows your silloutte To be a lot like mine
    Like a sphere is a sphere And all of us here have been here all the time"  

  5. Fidgeting Gidget said...

    Doesn't plinky make you think? It's good sometimes!

    I tagged you in a meme if you're interested. Check out my blog for details. Have a good night!  

  6. Eeli said...

    Keke! I ABSOLUTELY agree 100% with you. Lately THREE of my MALE flatmates have been causing such anguish on me lately because of their close-mindedness. I just cannot understand WHY Ythey cannot let me be. I have my personal opinions, I respect theirs, I do not want your beliefs thrust upon me like I should consider them gospel. Grrrrrrrrr. Hope you havn't had to deal with such silly (stupid) people :*( Grrrrrrrrrrrrr  

  7. Anonymous said...

    i tagged you in a post this morning. (sorry?)  

  8. Impulsive Addict said...

    AMEN SISTA~  


 

Norman Reedus Photography

Original Blogger Template | Modified by Blogger-Whore | Distributed by eBlog Templates