The Epic Battle... Day One

At exactly 10pm last night, I had my last cigarette ever… well at least I hope so. I picked this week to try and quit because I will have limited contact with the outside world since all of my co-workers as well as most of my friends are out of town until Sunday night. I thought it best no one be too close to me while I go through the withdrawal stage and the inevitable anger, crankiness and sadness that is sure to accompany it.

I’ve always said when people stop pissing me off, I will quit. I just don’t foresee that ever happening so I figured now is as good a time as any to try. Here’s a recap of Day One.

Aside from the slight headache and odd panicky feeling in my chest, the morning went pretty smoothly. I refused to let myself think about it on my way to work, which is when I normally would have my first couple smokes on the long trip into the office. I managed to keep my head in paperwork until it was time for lunch without too much difficulty. Unfortunately, the calm morning gave me a false sense of security for how the rest of the day panned out.

I successfully made it to Marsh and back for a salad without wanting to tear my hair out. I took a little nap in the car that helped momentarily ease the pounding headache I could feel getting ready to burst through like a marching band during halftime.

The afternoon was somewhat of a blur. My head was pounding and I just kept reminding myself to take deep breaths and try to relax. I still managed to get all my work done, but it was not a good day. The drive home was again easier than I thought it would be (since I always smoke in the car) and the idea of heading home made my headache seem to weaken slightly.

So now I am home, relaxing with a yummy cup of Detox Tea. It’s generally awesome for a hangover so I’m optimistic it will help out with this. My head is still pounding and I feel like I’m on the verge of getting a bad case of the flu. I hope when I wake up in the morning I can make it through another day of this.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    I'm rooting for you! You can do it!!! I think it would only get easier with every passing day.  

  2. Anonymous said...

    You can do it!! Just think of how good your abc cookies are going to be when your taste buds are working at full capacity and you can smell again!  

  3. knight said...

    the one thing that helped me quit smoking is i would always carry bottle of water with me. i drank so much water during my quit month and it actually helped :)  

  4. Anonymous said...

    Good luck, Keke!!!!!!!!! Allison  


 

Norman Reedus Photography

Original Blogger Template | Modified by Blogger-Whore | Distributed by eBlog Templates