I’m having one of those days. You know them… the days when nothing goes right and nothing you do is good enough. At one point I just stood outside my car, with what I’m sure was one of those special blank stares on my face, not wanting to get in and turn the key because I was sure it would blow up when I did.
So, how do I get through one of these days? Drink myself into oblivion… No. I prefer to leave that for my weekend and special event festivities, especially since my pocket book can only take so much. Chain smoke… No. Well, maybe I would if I weren’t stuck in an office all day. Take a long, hot, soothing bath… No. Can’t do that because my legs are too damn long and I look like Gumby trying to fit into a bucket to get my legs into the water. No friends, my way of getting past one of the days is to write here on the blog and dump it all on you. You love it, I know. Here it goes…
I really need someone to explain this to me. I try to keep a good appearance most of the time, because you never know who you will meet at some random place like the grocery store. I’m not saying full makeup and stilettos, just not look like I rolled out of bed and walked out the door.
So why is it that the day I push snooze one too many times on my alarm, does a hot guy choose to show up at my office?!?! Seriously, it’s just not ok. Apparently I hit my alarm a couple extra times and was a half hour late getting up for work. This meant I had less than 5 minutes to leave the house. A quick hair and tooth brushing and some clothes that thankfully matched were about all I had time for. So out the door I went with no makeup and my hair looking like I had been through a wind tunnel.
On a day when I’m just trying to get my work done and keep a low profile, people were constantly in and out of my office. It’s always fun when someone interrupts you (when you’re obviously in the middle of something) to complain to you about how someone just interrupted him while he was in trying to finish a task and how mad it made him. Yes, this actually happened to me today. Somehow I managed to muffle the screams in my head so I didn’t completely lose it and say something that I would probably regret later.
There you have it… that was my day. And people wonder why I dream of leaving everything behind to be a drifter and travel the world.
Labels: Off the cuff


lol..I hear ya :)
Hey Kekelynn...nice to meet you :)
So far today, I have posted on "one of those days" and so has Daily Gripe. It must be a trend. I hope you're having a better day today, my friend.