The Boston punk band Ashers played a little basement show in Indianapolis on Saturday night. The band is made up of Mark, the mohawked front man for The Unseen, as well as members of Crash and Burn. Their first EP, Cold Dark Place, was released in May of 2008.
The thing that made this concert great was the fact that this band was playing in a basement to about 25 kids and they played with the same intensity, heart and soul that they would playing a sold out stadium. There music is undeniably punk, with a hard rock n’ roll edge, and left no one standing still throughout their hard charging set.
With Mark’s coarse yet amazingly melodic vocals leading the way through songs like Destitution, Cold Dark Place and I Need to Know (Tom Petty cover) this group sounded like they had been playing and writing together for years. By the end of the show, they had me wishing they would play on for another few hours.
As an avid music lover, I’m always looking for something new. I was a little worried when I planned to see these guys, just because I was so used to listening to Mark as the voice of The Unseen and you never know if you’ll like what you hear when an artist moves to a different project. To say the least, my worries were totally unfounded. While we may love listening to these guys all play in their other respective bands/projects, they have really created a great sound together. I can’t wait to hear more from Ashers in the future.
Next time you are looking for something new, check them out at www.myspace.com/asherstheband ... You will not be disappointed.
Labels: Music
1 comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Welcome to my blog - I'll try not to disappoint! I love your banner - I'll be checking you out!