I am afraid of silence

It’s true; a silent room makes me crazy. I enjoy time alone so I can write and think, but I always have to have some background noise like the TV or my trusty mp3 player. I even find solace in the awful music piped into the doctor’s waiting room or elevator.

I’ve always felt that quiet people could definitely be serial killers. Whenever I meet someone who is shy or doesn’t say much, I bother them until they talk to me and get in the conversation. You never really know someone, but in my strange little mind I feel that if people are talking they are less likely to be thinking about how they are going to kill me in the parking lot when I leave.

This is just one of the odd things that run through my head and maybe I prefer the noise because it drowns the voices in my head that make me think of stuff like this in the first place. Either way, if you’re in a room with me, please make sure you talk. You don’t want me thinking you’re a serial killer now do you?

3 comments:

  1. blognut said...

    I'm a background noise kind of person myself.  

  2. Anonymous said...

    Ah, but here in lies a problem oh strange one. Some people shut down even more when cajoled to talk. Some people enjoy silence, especially when they work around constant talking. Some people just hate trying to make small talk or they just have nothing to say! I worry about strangers that want to talk to me for no reason. Why? Do they want to get close enough to kill me or steal from me?  

  3. Andrea said...

    I used to do everything with some kind of "white noise" playing in the background..I don't know when that changed but it did..it's not that I'm a silent or shy type (even tho there is some of that going on), I just like to observe people...and guess what?! I read them pretty well, so if you ever find yourself in the same room as me..rest asure that I will know your thoughts before you make words out of them....muuuahahahaha :P  


 

Norman Reedus Photography

Original Blogger Template | Modified by Blogger-Whore | Distributed by eBlog Templates