Pablo left last night. We stood at the airport security line and said our good byes, it took everything I had to let go of him. There weren't as many tears for some reason, not like last year when he only went home for a few months. I think it was because I hadn't let myself believe that I really may actually never see him again. I couldn't really grasp that concept until I was half way down the escalator heading back to my car. That's when it all hit my like wrecking ball through an abandoned building.
I know we still have email and phone calls, but it's just not the same as getting to see someone almost every day and basically sharing a life together. My partner in crime is now 9,000 miles away and I am left to fend for myself.
My heart is breaking and I don't know how to fix it. I've always been such an independent person (with the exception of always relying on my mom) that when we found each other I was so suprised that I could easily depend on him and how quickly he become one of the most important people in my life.
The strange thing is that all of this happened so fast. One minute we knew we would be living where we are for at least the next 6 months and everything was fine. Then there was the shooting and we decided to leave our apartments. Then two days later his family tells him he has to come back to Santiago and we have two weeks to pack and ship his things and get everything taken care of for him to leave forever.
I know I will figure it out, but truth be told, I don't want to. I want things to go back to the way they were when we were having fun and my best friend was always by my side. I feel empty and alone and I need him to fix things and make me smile again. I want my Pablo back.
Labels: Me


awe honey i hear u :( that sucks so much. im sorry to hear you have to go through that... ur not alone though :(
is there any way u can go visit him??? i know it wont be the same but planning to go see him like ASAP is a good way to get a little happier becuase you have something to look forward to..
and gmail chat..... or email... (def not the same i know).
im sorry honey :( , hang in there
It sucks to have to be far away from your partner in crime! I'm ten hours away from mine right now and I haven't seen her in six months! We email every day, we text, we call each other, and best of all, we SKYPE. It's not the same as seeing each other and doing things together, but it definitely helps. Thinking of you today!
muffin i love you and i wish i was there to squeeze you now that freckles is gone :(
Never, ever give up hope. I have just come across your blog and I knew I had to post here because of this.
I have been in your situation for two and a half years now with a beautiful Norwegian girl. I met her just weeks before she was due to return home and even though I knew the relationship was going to be hard I was determined to stick it out.
She moved to Norway, then a year later to Nottingham and after another year had passed by she moved to Mexico where she is now residing. It's been a confusing mix of heart break, overwhelming joy and sadness but after intense amounts of emotional and physical effort it is coming to an end. I'm moving out to México. We weren't sure when the distance would end, when we would see each other permanently but we have made it. We've found our end point and you can too.
If you believe in him and the relationship you can make it. The feeling you get when you see there face again is indescribable, you have to experience it for yourself.
Remember, Skype + webcam is your friend!
Good luck, I'm going to be reading along, I like your writing and I'm fascinated by this adventure in your life as a fellow LDRer
If you have any questions or anything at all, drop by my blog or send me an email at chris_allin@hotmail.co.uk.