A little wake up call

And here I thought I would have nothing to talk to you about today, boy was I wrong!  Last night was just another normal Sunday and I went to bed about 10 only to be rudely awoken by some of my neighbors arguing in the hallway next to my bedroom.

It went on for a little while and seemed to be getting more aggressive which made me a little nervous so I went in the bathroom.  When the voices quieted I snuggled up back into my bed just in time to hear a loud shot right outside my window and a car squealing away.

Turns out one of my lovely neighbors decided to shot my other neighbor in the neck!  The guy tried to get away by going up one set of stairs next to my apartment and walking around the hallway behind mine to the other set of stairs calling for help.

The cops and ambulance came and helped him.  They were there for a couple of hours and I guess the shooter eventually came back and turned himself in, but what a night!  I'm hoping the guy is ok because I know he has two small children.

So now today I'm going to be paying a visit to my landlord to try to get out of my lease.  This is the second neighbor on neighbor shooting in my complex in two and a half months and it is no longer safe for anyone, let alone a single person like myself living alone.  If the guy would have shot in the hallway it could have easily come through my wall and killed me in bed.

I will let you know how it all goes.  Hopefully I can get out right away and find somewhere else to go!

5 comments:

  1. Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

    Oh my WORD! Good grief! I really hope that your landlord lets you out of your lease, because that is so unsafe. Good luck.  

  2. Fidgeting Gidget said...

    Wow, that's scary. I'm so glad you're ok and I hope you have an understanding landlord. :)  

  3. Lisa Michelle said...

    OMG...That is just crazy! I hope you can get out of your lease! Good Luck!  

  4. ~**Dawn**~ said...

    Holy CRAP. You just made me super grateful for my sleepy, quiet apartment complex, where the only banging is the people who share my rear wall & love to slam their cabinets.  

  5. msprimadonna67 said...

    Holy cow--that woulda scared the livin' daylights outta me! (That's what my mom used to say whenever she got scared.) I would be OUTTA there!  


 

Norman Reedus Photography

Original Blogger Template | Modified by Blogger-Whore | Distributed by eBlog Templates