Is this really what you call summer?

I've lived in Indiana a little over a year now and the weather here is insane!!!  Winter was like living in the artic compared to 10 years in North Carolina sunshine.   This summer has only see a couple days in the 90's.

This morning I woke up to what looked like white paint all over my car, as well as three others, and about 15 feet of sidewalk.  Upon futher inspection, I realized that is was not paint, it was a bomb dropped by probably what must be the largest bird in america.  It was amazing really.  Then I made the mistake of wishing it would rain to wash it all off.

I got my wish.  All morning we have been hit with a monsoon.  Thankfully it washed away all of the bird crap on my car, but it is crazy out there.  We are now getting a slight lull in the action, but it looks like the next cell is even bigger than the first.

And of course, I only remember that my windshield wipers need replacing when it's actually raining!  My right side wiper has about 3 inches of tread left on it, definitely going to have to do something about that at lunch.

Well, back to work to brace for the next round!

2 comments:

  1. blognut said...

    Okay, so now that you live in the midwest, you need to keep a spare set of wiper blades in your trunk.

    Sorry, I should've told you that up front, huh?  

  2. Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

    Let me say this about Indiana (having lived here most of my life) - the weather is nuts. Most winters are FREEZING and are too cold for it to even snow, and typically the summers are muggy, buggy, and HOTHOTHOT. I've been in Massachusetts for the last year so I missed most of the Indiana summer this year. Now that I'm back in Indiana, I'm hoping that it's nicer than what it was in MA - cold, in the 70s, and basically raining every other day!  


 

Norman Reedus Photography

Original Blogger Template | Modified by Blogger-Whore | Distributed by eBlog Templates