I am seriously disappointed today. I have been in desperate need to get out of town for a little while and get away from all the stress and everything that’s been bothering me lately. I came up with a plan a couple days ago to head to Kansas for the weekend with a friend of mine. A bunch of other people we know are going to be there and it would have been perfect to go and relax. I can’t begin to tell you how much I was looking forward to this little time away.
I don’t have time off so we were going to head out as soon as the clock struck 5 on Friday. I was so excited and let my wonderful best friend know when I picked him up at the airport Monday night. He was happy too, since he will already be there. He was supposed to leave today.
Well, all that said, I get a call yesterday because my wonderful best friend called my ride and changed the plans with him so he could wait and go Friday at noon with us. This works for him because he won’t have to pay for two nights extra hotel room when he doesn’t need to be there until Friday evening. Unfortunately for me, he didn’t bother to ask me if I could take a half day off work and he has to be there by mid evening and can’t wait until 5 to leave.
It would have been great, if it were not for the fact that I don’t have vacation time!!! So basically, I am not going. My wonderful best friend hi-jacked my ride and now I won’t be able to go. I’m not going to drive 8 hours by myself at night and my car is having problems (that I can’t afford to fix) and can’t take a 4 state trip.
I know he feels terrible about it and that he thought he was making it so we could go together, but it really doesn’t make the situation any better for me. I feel bad that he feels bad, but I feel worse that I’m stuck here now… again. He keeps apologizing and I tell him its ok, but he needs to stop it because it’s only making me feel worse. It’s not ok, it’s his fault and I’m getting tired of having to reassure him when he was the one who wrecked it. And then I feel guilty for thinking that and getting annoyed with him for apologizing because I do know how bad he feels. Basically I just can’t win on this one.
I’ve been trying really hard not to whine and cry about everything that’s been going on. I feel stupid for being upset about something like this, but it's kind of like the straw that broke the camels back I guess. I’m trying to be optimistic about the future, but sometimes it’s really difficult to keep a good perspective or positive attitude when even your best friend is ruining things for you.
Followers
Subscribe via email
Subscribe Now: Feed Icon
About Me
Labels
Site Meter
Stat Counter
The Facts
ME
I'm trying to find myself as a person, sometimes that's not easy to do. Millions of people live their entire lives without finding themselves. But it is something I must do. ~ MM
INTERESTS
I like summer, art, traveling, music, writing and meeting strange new people. And I have a wierd love for boys with mohawks.
MUSIC
I like alot of different music, but punk is my genre of choice. I love bands like The Casualties, Star F*cking Hipsters, Dropkick Murphys and Social Distortion. I love to find new obscure bands.
MOVIES
I like dramas and documentaries.. stuff like that
I'm trying to find myself as a person, sometimes that's not easy to do. Millions of people live their entire lives without finding themselves. But it is something I must do. ~ MM
INTERESTS
I like summer, art, traveling, music, writing and meeting strange new people. And I have a wierd love for boys with mohawks.
MUSIC
I like alot of different music, but punk is my genre of choice. I love bands like The Casualties, Star F*cking Hipsters, Dropkick Murphys and Social Distortion. I love to find new obscure bands.
MOVIES
I like dramas and documentaries.. stuff like that
Neno's Award
Thanks Alpha Buttonpusher!
Friend's Award
Thanks Lisa Michelle, Crystal & Alpha B!
Lemon Award
Thanks Krystyn!
Lovely Blog Award
Thanks Novelista Barista and Crystal!
Uber Amazing Award
Thanks Moonjava!


Sorry you're having a rough day...I know how you feel about the straw breaking the camel's back, it's usually the smallest thing that sets the bad stuff in motion.
Hopefully your best friend will find a good way to make it up to you! I hope your day gets better.
I have been in situations like that, and it is really difficult, cause you don't know how to feel. Hang in there, and I hope things start to look up for you.
That totally stinks. I'm sorry it all got ruined. I too am DYING to get outta town. I hope that you have another opportunity and very soon!!
So, here's the deal. I'm not putting down Kansas or anything, but I kinda am, I guess. I just don't see how desperately needing to get away can be solved with a trip to Kansas. Hold out for a trip to Vegas, or Chicago(!), or a beach. Just sayin'.
OMG you really didn't get to go! GRRR you should just drive down here! I need your love!