I choose the internet for my news because I can pick and choose what I want to read about. I hate sitting through an hour long newcast on tv, listening to all the awful things happening in the world and the fifteen commercial breaks in between.
I don't usually read the news unless I can find something that looks somewhat happy to read about. All anyone reports on nowadays is the downfall of the economy and our impending doom as a country and a planet.
I do think knowing what's going on in the world is important and everyone should be aware socially and politically in some way, but I just do not want to hear all the awful things on the news every day.
We need a new news channel. One that will devote at least a quarter of their newscast to informing viewers of what good things are happening in the world. Wouldn't that be a refreshing change of pace.
Labels: Off the cuff, Random crap

