Ready for chaos again...

I’m ready for life to get back to normal and by normal I mean the organized chaos that occurs in my life between April and November. Winter always makes me restless and I’m sick of being cooped up inside waiting for the temperature to rise above 30.

I’m ready for my best friend to come home from South America, where he’s been soaking up the sun for the last four months. I’m ready for the race season to start, as much as it stresses me. I’m ready to start travelling again, even if it’s just for a Saturday night show a couple hours away.

I need to get out of this house, get in my car and drive out of this town. I need to go anywhere that isn’t here and isn’t a place I pass by every day. I need to feel the sun on my face and noise in my ears. I need to drink a beer and laugh with my friends while we sit on top of the trailer and cheer on our boys.

I even miss living out of my suitcase and coming home only to do some laundry and repack my bag. There is something that just makes me happy knowing I’m walking out the door and there is something new that awaits me.

I don’t need a four star hotel and I don’t need to be flying first class; the adventure always seems a little more exciting when you’re on the road with your hands on the steering wheel. I don’t need an itinerary or a map, just the road and a good friend.

So summer please come quickly, I need to get out now. The race track, a concert, the lake… just let me follow the sun out of town.

1 comments:

  1. blognut said...

    Do it! Take a trip, just don't forget to take your Tom Tom with you. No trip is complete without a navigation system harping at you the entire time.  


 

Norman Reedus Photography

Original Blogger Template | Modified by Blogger-Whore | Distributed by eBlog Templates