The Birds

Well, today was interesting at work to say the least. I’m working in the office alone for the entire week and today I started hearing noises. They were not the imaginary kind that you get when you’re a kid alone in your house for the first time at night. These were real, slightly terrifying and incredibly odd noises.

There I was, working away, trying to forget that I do not need a cigarette today and that my body is not suffering from withdrawals. Then I heard it. At first I thought it was coming from the inside. Oh my god, is there a bird in the office?! No, good… oh shit, not one inside, just one trying desperately to get in!

I watched this bird pound its head relentlessly into the glass in an attempt to make it inside the office. When that didn’t work, it tried pounding with its feet. At first I watched it for a while, then I started to take some pictures so someone would believe me if I told the story. I had originally thought that maybe this bird was mentally challenged, but it did not give up its pursuit to come inside.

This bird was desperate and it scared the crap out of me. Some of you may know that I watched that movie “The Birds” when I may have been a tad too young. A bird does not bother me, a few birds looking at me makes me a little nervous, but birds attempting to break into my office really makes me start to panic.

And then came its back up. I saw the bird begin walking away from the door and was hoping it would leave. Unfortunately it was simply walking to the other office door just a couple feet away. When I looked at that entrance, the damn thing was now accompanied by a friend. Trying not to get anymore nervous, I lifted my camera to snap a picture of the two culprits. To my surprise, when I lowered my lens there was a third bird standing with them. I may have screamed and all three flew away.

After fifteen minutes and no sign of them I managed to venture out for lunch and back. I was starting to feel safe again until I heard a beak tapping on the glass. Only two this time, but they were peering into my office about three feet from me. This time I yelled some profanities at them and they took off again.

The rest of my afternoon was spent trying to concentrate on booking flights and sorting bills without looking up when I heard the thrash against the doors start up again or when it decided to dive bomb the window right next to my head and almost give me a freakin heart attack! When it was time to leave, I did a detailed scan of the area to make sure I had sufficiently scared them away so I could lock the door and make it to my car without being attacked.

It was definitely and interesting day. Here are a few photos of the psychotic thing attempting to bust into my office:













2 comments:

  1. blognut said...

    Wow! Do you think they'll come back tomorrow and try again?  

  2. Anonymous said...

    persistent little booger huh?  


 

Norman Reedus Photography

Original Blogger Template | Modified by Blogger-Whore | Distributed by eBlog Templates