Well, I decided to become one of the million people to start a blog. I’m starting this, not because my life is some exciting thing that everyone would love to know about, because it’s not. I’m doing this as a way to start writing again more than anything. I love to write about anything and everything so I thought this might be the best way to do that.
I’ll start out small. My name is Katie, but my mom and sister call me Keke, thus the screen name. I grew up in the middle of Wisconsin. That’s right, the middle, as in the middle of freakin nowhere.
My parents divorced when I was really young so I have no idea what life would have been like to grow up in a two-parent home, but I will say that I think it all turned out for the best. My mom is one of my best friends in the world and I don’t think we would have gotten the opportunity to be so close had my parents stayed together. I don't think I would have gotten to know my dad as well as I do as a person either, he's great. I have one older sister who hated me for most of my life and enjoyed tormenting me. When we were in our twenties something changed and she has actually turned out to be a pretty cool sister and a good friend. Amazing how things work out sometimes.
After high school I tried a couple colleges, but never really felt settled. When I was twenty I moved to North Carolina with my mom and a few other family members. Once we moved, things were much better. I managed to finish school and have been working in the racing industry since 1998.
I stayed in North Carolina for almost 10 years and in February of 2008 made the move to the thriving Midwestern metropolis of Indianapolis, Indiana. Although I miss the warmth of the south, my new home is pretty great.
I think part of me will always feel a bit restless no matter where I am. My dream is to one day sell everything I own, buy a one way ticket to somewhere that sounds cool and spend my time making money from odd jobs and moving from one interesting place to the next. That, my friends, would be my little version of heaven.
My life has had some incredible highs and crushing lows so far but I truly feel I have learned from every one of those experiences and am looking forward to seeing what the rest of this journey has in store.
So that’s a little about me…Stay tuned… More soon…
Labels: Me

