New York City Ideas

My trip to NYC is fast approaching… I leave in four days!!! I’ve got a couple of things planned but I would love to get some ideas from my New York bloggy friends. I’m not really into the touristy type of stuff and I want to go places where I can get a real feel for the city since I’m considering making a move there.

I'm going to be staying in Jersey City and plan to go to a show in Greenpoint but that's all I have planned.


So, if you live there or have been there, please send me a comment with some ideas!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    have fun. i'm still jealous!  

  2. Sadako said...

    Have fun! hope you enjoy it, the city is a lotta fun.  

  3. blognut said...

    Have a great time!  

  4. Ella Everywhere said...

    I love love love New York! Its SUCH an amazing city. Hmmm I would suggest spending some time walking through SOHO and Grenwich Village(around Bleeker St I believe) its full of small shops and cafes and restaurants and it gives you a great feeling of how real New Yorkers (and the cast of Friends) live.

    Also, go into Brooklin. Especially DUMBO, right under the Brooklin Bridge. You get a great view of the NYC Skyline, and the history of the area is fantastic.

    Oooh one more, take the Staten Island Ferry. Its completely free and you get a spectacular view of Manhattan and the Statue of Liberty.

    I'm full of ideas when it comes to New York. Can you tell its one of my favourite cities in the world? haha

    Have an awesome trip!  

  5. A said...

    If you are a park person, DEFINITELY check out the parks! I LOVE Washington Square Park... the energy there is excellent. The new High Line Park in Chelsea is also wonderful.

    And I agree with E.E. about Soho and Dumbo. Williamsburg is also fun (near Greenpoint in Brooklyn)... And definitely full of interesting-ness. Ooo and Union Square has interesting things going on... You can just sit on the steps and be a part of it!

    I'll keep thinking if I have any more suggestions... I've lived here for over a year now, and love it!!! Definitely recommend a move :)  

  6. kadler said...

    So exciting! Have an awesome time.

    I haven't been to NY in a while, but I hear they've got some great cupcakes :)  


 

Norman Reedus Photography

Original Blogger Template | Modified by Blogger-Whore | Distributed by eBlog Templates